Born and raised in Kansas City, Joe co-founded Shull & Klenda for one simple reason—he wanted to help those who have suffered injury or death due to the negligence of others.
Joe began his career at a national law firm where he defended some of the largest health systems and insurance companies in the country. Because of this experience, Joe knows the other side’s “playbook” and can better gauge whether the insurance company’s “final offer” is truly their final offer.
Joe earned his law degree from the University of Kansas in 2013 where he was a member of the Kansas Law Review. Since then, he has been named as a Rising Star by Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyer’s Publication in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
When Joe is not practicing law, he spends as much time as he can enjoying Kansas City with his wife and two sons.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 2013
- Kansas Law Review
- University of Kansas School of Business, BS, 2009
- Law360 Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice, Editorial Advisory Board
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court, Barrister